Friday, February 22, 2008

A Hard Disk Failure

My hard disk failed recently. This is a new computer. I bought a new computer got a new hard disk and fixed the old one but the data is gone unless I shoot for an expensive recovery service ($400+) with a variable success rate. Thankfully, I had a physical (CD) copy of all my pre-MBA stuff. I had to recover a lot of things from b-school friends. Lesson: get another hard drive linked through your USB. Get some kind of archiving service and save, save, save your data. Second Lesson: Web based software looks more and more attractive everyday.

1 comment:

Sandeep said...

Hello,

I chanced upong your blog while searching online for queries on columbia. I am applying to columbia for the 2008 mba.

I was hoping to get some more information on columbia and was wondering if you could help me out? Could you please share any notable courses on general management, strategy, or leadership at Columbia, and are there any must take courses?

Could you also throw some light on the entrepreneurship initiatives at Columbia?

Based on your experience, what is distinctive about the Columbia MBA experience and which schools did you choose Columbia over?

Thank you very much for any help you can give me on these topics.

Regards,
Sandeep
vsandeepr@yahoo.com