Friday, March 23, 2007

First Post

Hello everyone! Planning to use this blog to winge about life in b-school.

I also want to store my updated thoughts on miscellanous gaming projects and a project that dates back to my high-school days... a table-top wargame.

In light of acquiring some game theory and market knowledge I want to set up a game that uses a "wisdom of the crowds" mechanism to create a self-balancing mechanism of some kind. The "wisdom of the crowds" is something we see in financial markets where competitive bidding and selling results in a fair (no arbitrage) price for financial products. I figure a war-game with this kind of mechanism could avoid the balance issues that plague most commercial games. The wargame is to be played with old Mageknight v 1.0 or Games Workshop figures.

This is a test link to see if spreadsheets can be put up here (hosted on Google docs and spreadsheets)
http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=p7dVpuNuLtPdT2VVYMgy3LA

No comments: